The Stayton of Mind

A deeply spiritual experience

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Happy Turkey Day!


Thanksgiving was interesting this year not being with the family and the weather being warm (although it rained most of the day. Woke up and went surfing and then drove up to the North Shore with some friends from HPU. Ended up attending 2 parties...one with friends and the other at the home of a professor from HPU. Yet, somehow I missed dinner at both places. Left one before they ate and got to the other after everyone had eaten! Just my luck - good thing Thanksgiving food is not my favorite! Although I was looking forward to green bean casserole - LOL! After I missed the meals, we packed up and went to the beach where we played some football and surfed - I tried shortboarding in the North Shore surf (the smaller breaks of course!) I did fairly well all things considered! Later went home and crashed on the couch - I didn't really eat much turkey so I am going to blame the exhausion on either "turkey effect by association" or the double surf session! Either way - I was out of commission for the evening!

This pic isn't from Turkey Day, but rather the night before...we took my friend Jane (the cute asian girl in the front) out to see a local band. It was her first time in a bar and her first time really dancing. We had a blast showing her the ropes and how to move your hips to the music!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home