The Stayton of Mind

A deeply spiritual experience

Monday, November 15, 2004

Back to the Drawing Board

Well, the positive things are that I loved Northwestern's campus and the IMC program for a Masters. The downfalls are that they do not provide any fellowships for the Masters program and the PhD is more research than teaching focused..."research needs to be in your heart" What about teaching being in your heart...isn't that what professors are supposed to do? Maybe that is what is wrong with our higher educational system...most of the professors are so self absorbed with their research that they forget to pass on their knowledge do their students!!! AHHHH!!!!

So, it is back to the drawing board. I may still apply to Northwestern, but I need to find other options...especially because they only admit about 25 out of 600 applicants a year...7 of them with the marketing specialization I am interested in - and most of those admitted are in the 90% or above with their GRE scores - right, right! Yeah, well, I will keep you all posted of any updates!

Cross your fingers and put in a prayer for me...I am starting to get frustrated my my current state of affairs!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:40 PM, Blogger Johnny Mack said…

    Always apply. No harm in not doing that. Esp for a stunning young lass like yourself!

    The bigger the university, the less you will see the professors unless you are doing research for them on some important project that the college is getting large funding for.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home