The Stayton of Mind

A deeply spiritual experience

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Honolulu Marathon



So, this picture isn't the best, but the good ones are on my aunt and Colleen's cameras so this one will have to do for now! Moral of the story: Colleen, my Aunt Therese, and I ran the Honolulu Marathon on Sunday December 11, 2005. Colleen and I stayed together the entire way and crossed both the start and finish line holding hands=) It was a great accomplishment. We both have our training to thank for our friendship...had we not made the time to train together we may never have become as good of friends as we are now!

The marathon was very catered to the Japanese running it...there were special aid stations and free goodies that you could only utilize or have if you were Japanese. This turned in to a not so PC joke between us girls.

This pic is actually the day after the race - we were a bit sore, but not too bad. We are wearing our medals, which were kind of cool cause instead of a ribbon we got them on a shell lai! The medal itself is nothing great though. We are holding Gatorade and Arnica Gel (a natural lotion that reduces muscle pain)

Hopefully I will have better pics soon=)

1 Comments:

  • At 7:55 AM, Blogger David Edward said…

    you ran a marathon! whoah!
    I don't think I have run 26 miles in my whole life ( read: long time)
    I love hiking and backpacking and want to come over and backpack around Molokai... someday!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home