The Stayton of Mind

A deeply spiritual experience

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Seattle

On my way home for the holidays this year I stopped in Seattle to visit my dear friends Therese, Pete, and Carl. Not only was it an oustanding time, but it was a good transistion between the beautiful Hawaii temperatures I have become accustomed to and the frigid Wisconsin winter I was about to encounter.

Although I only took one picture the entire time I was there...strange, I know...it is certainly no representation of the amount of fun I had there. Therese and Pete did an amazing job of showing me the city and making me feel right at home. We checked out the famous market where they throw fish where we tried yummy treats - including FRUIT ROLLS!!! We also checked out the Space Needle and the Sound.



The entire time I was there we ate AMAZING food! They took me to an amazing Soul Food dinner where I ate the best Mac N Cheese and Desserts EVER, to dinner at Therese's cousin's house, stopped for assembly line sushi, and had a homemade meal of Salmon, Aspargus, and Sweet Potato chips...YUMMY!!!

I also got my very first professional pedicure while I was there, which was an interesting and relaxing experience. I went with simple polish and little blue snowflake on each big toe!

I also got to see Carl while I was there, which was a treat. Neither of us could believe it had been 2 years since we had seen one another...in many ways it was as if no time had passed at all. I even got to hang VIP style with BoyCrush at a local pub, and although I could not attend, was honored to have been invited to a private jam session the following day. Maybe someday I will be able to see a live show...guess that will have to wait until my next trip to Seattle...unless they become SO big that they begin to tour?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home