The Stayton of Mind

A deeply spiritual experience

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Halloween 2006

After bidding a sad farewell to our Spanish friends (Dani, Jaime, and Ricardo) with whom we had spent the entire last week carving pumpkins, having home-cooked Spanish meals picnic style on our living room floor, and an assortment of other fun tradition exchanges.

Lish and I headed out for a night on the town - well, a night on Kalakaua for Halloween. For those of you not in Hawaii, Kalakaua street can be likened to State Street in Madison for Halloween, but minus the $5 cover I heard they charged this year and add a whole lot of Asian tourists! This year Lish and I had a hard time coming up with what we wanted to dress up as and last minute threw together an assortment of odd neon and 80's style clothes. I was told I looked a lot like "Desperately Seeking Susan." So for all intents and purposes, that is who I was supposed to be - BUT we worked it=)


We met a lot of interesting characters (figuratively and literally) and barely recognized some typically friendly and familiar faces=)



In addition, it was Johnny's (Lish's brother) next to last night in town before he moved back to Denver - tear=(


Happy Halloween!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Trace~

    I can't seem to find your email address and I was hoping to get in touch with you and confirm your stopover here in the great NW. Email me at belletherese (at) msn (dot)com

    Ok, talk to you soon!

    Therese

     

Post a Comment

<< Home