The Stayton of Mind

A deeply spiritual experience

Friday, April 24, 2009

HPU Master's Degree Graduation

5/16/07

Finally, after 2 years and a lot of hard work (ok, and some play too!) I graduated with my Masters Degree - and to prove there was hard work involved...a lot of hours spent indoors studying rather than out playing in the ocean and sun...I graduated with Distinction (highest honors)!!!




















Somewhere, after not having a clue what I wanted to wear for graduation, I decided it just didn't matter and I was going to wear the outfit I wore most in Hawaii...my bikini! And I convinced Colleen it was a great idea too! No one was the wiser and it made graduation more fun!!! (and we weren't as hot as everyone else during out long afternoon graduation! HAHA!




















I was fortunate enough to have my Mom and Stepdad come out to visit and witness the event..

.












My surfer-wahine, Jen made sure she was in attendance and brought gifts! So cute...mine was a copy of the Serenity Prayer in Hawaiian...which I hung up in my house and still need the reminder of every now and then


For those of your that don't know it...in English it says "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

It is that last part that always gets me!!!



Colleen (and now my) friends Ronnie and Bill showed up with hugs and smiles...












As did my first and best guy friend in Hawaii, Josh...it wouldn't have been the same without him there...












And finally, after all the tears, hugs, pictures and congratulations, it was time to fill my empty stomach - Subway and Coldstone anyone?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home