The Stayton of Mind

A deeply spiritual experience

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Aloha Hawaii (at least for the summer)

I lived up the last couple of days in Hawaii the best I could without my sidekick roomie Colleen along! I took in as much of the island life as possible and made sure to make time for the 2 things I love best about Hawaii - scuba diving and surfing.

The bad news was that I popped a blood vessel in my eye while scuba diving for the last time in Hawaii, but the good news is that I got to chill next to a giant sea turtle in the hull of a sunken ship and that I got to play with an octopus!

I also made sure to make some time to surf with my Hawaiian Hemela LISHA!!! The waves weren't really the best, but we brought the water proof camera (quite a challenge!) out onto the water with us and clowned around a bit making sure to capture every last minute and baby wave possible.



And when it was finally time to paddle in I looked back and took one last look at the waves and the ocean that I would be leaving behind for the next 3 months. Aloha Hawaii!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home