The Stayton of Mind

A deeply spiritual experience

Saturday, September 09, 2006

I skipped info about my 26th Birthday - so here it is!

It was recently brought to my attention that before I posted an Aloha to Hawaii for the summer, I failed to mention my 26th birthday and the events surrounding it - oops! Well, it was one of the best birthdays I have had thus far (even if the number 26 does put me that much closer to the big 3-0! Its all a state of mind right?!?) So many of my wonderful friends called or sent emails wishing me a great day and it just reminded me how blessed I am to have so many AMAZING people in my life - THANK YOU!!! The weather was beautiful and the celebration of my birthday and the end of the school year went on for a couple of days - who can complain about that right?!?

The best Hawaiian roomie ever, Colleen, organized a meeting of a bunch of my friends at Buca's.

We ate and laughed way more than any table should=) Although no one needed to bring gifts, I did get a new pair of lifting gloves, a coach purse, and an Alzheimers Association card (thanks a lot Tamika!)



Once I blew out the candleabra and ate, well shared, a dessert bigger than my head we headed upstairs to Dave and Busters (like a Chuck E Cheese for adults) to place some games - ski-ball horse races, basketball, etc.

Together we collected enough tickets to get 2 big stuffed snakes.

A couple of days later we headed to the last "Europe Party" of the year, where Lish made a fabulous guest appearance, and danced the night away with old friends and new, those who we would see again in the fall and sadly those we may never see again.




Finally, Lish had one last BBQ at her house before the celebratory week was over and Colleen left the island for new adventures. We were fortunate enough to be joined by our part time fly-in roomie Jared, who liked licking ears and kept the koala ears craze alive=)

Aloha Hawaii and happy belated 26th birthday to me!!!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home