The Stayton of Mind

A deeply spiritual experience

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Back in Black

Well, the Swedes were up to it again and this time the theme was "Back in Black." We gathered up the posse and headed to the club for the festivities. It was a much needed night out on the town and amazingly the whole gang was there! We were the first out on the dance floor and pretty much didn't leave the entire night.

That is of course until the night took a bit of a turn for the worst and my purse got stolen. I set it down for a second as I was being swung around the dance floor and about a minute late when I went to grab it, it was GONE...keys, wallet, camera, cell phone (which is what I was most obsessed about because, contrary to popular belief, I do not have all of your numbers memorized!) Anyway, the DJ made an announcement, but because the theme of the party was "Back in Black," describing my purse as black did little to help my cause - every girl had a black purse! Grrr...

Well, karma came back around and smiled on me because as I was walking down the steps from the DJ booth I happen to glance down and see a girl casually holding nothing other than, MY PURSE!!! I grabbed it off her shoulder and snapped, "This is MY purse, what are YOU doing with MY purse?!?" Then, to my amazement she blankly stared at me, said nothing, and shrugged her shoulders like, "Huh, you busted me, oh well!" In retrospect it was probably the best thing she could have done because all I just walked away bewildered and grateful - strange!

Here Colleen and I are trying to hear some people who were trying to meet up with us, but it was too loud - thanks for the documentation Colleen!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home