The Stayton of Mind

A deeply spiritual experience

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Wakeboarding on the Ocean



So, guess who gets to practice wakeboarding even when it is cold and the lakes are frozen in Wisconsin? That's right...me!!! Don't worry though, I am not really getting that great of practice cause the conditions depend a lot on the swells and the wind - conditions are VERY rough. In addition, the boots are too big for me and my back foot comes out ALL the time=( Total bummer. But, I get to be out on the water and in the sunshine. It makes me yearn for Wisconsin summers and stoked to come home this summer!



The other pic is of me injured from tubing. That is one thing that the wind and big swells are good for - TUBING! I received these battle wounds claiming my title as Queen of the Tube! I was relentless and would not let go no matter what - I paid the price with these scrapes - I think they are rope burn or something. I am not really sure what happened, but it was WAY worth it!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:07 PM, Blogger Johnny Mack said…

    Ouch on the burn!
    It would be very nice to get out an go boarding on the water.

    Im heading out to Madison for some skiing on Friday night at Tyrol. That should get me a quick fix.

    Maybe I'll pick up a boat this summer and work on the boarding...heheh...rriigghhttt.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home