The Stayton of Mind

A deeply spiritual experience

Thursday, May 18, 2006

BBQ, Boating, and Dolphins - Oh My!!!

After a fun-filled day at Kokua Festival the gang and I headed out onto the water! On our way there Jared tried to pick a fight with me in the kitchen, but I laid him out! Just call me Muhammad Ali - "Float Like a Butterfly, Sting Like a Bee" baby! My Dad would be so proud...I hit him with an upper cut square in the nose!


After I picked him up and dusted him and his ego off, we headed out! While on the water the most UNBELIEVABLE thing happened...we were joined by a pod of 30+ Dolphins!!!They were jumping around the boat and drafting us. Jonathan was wakeboarding behind the boat and it looked like something out of a movie...they were jumping right next to him! After awhile we stopped the boat and I went running off the side of the boat Baywatch style jumping in to swim with them!
As soon as my feet left the side of the boat I had second thoughts about what else might be swimming around with them and mid-air let out a yelp and broke form. Needless to say I managed a spectacular belly-flop=) BUT it was all worth it...swimming with dolphins in the wild! Who needs to pay to go to Sea Life Park!!! I had the real deal!!!

After boating we met up again at Fort DeRussey Park and grilled out, played a little football, and gave koala ears to as many unsuspecting attendees as possible!

All in all, another great day in Hawaii!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home