The Stayton of Mind

A deeply spiritual experience

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Hawaii Fall 2007

Besides my Dad, sister, and Joe coming to visit, I had an interesting couple of (last - tear) months in Hawaii...

Well, when I first got back to Hawaii after a summer working and playing back in Milwaukee, Wisconsin (that's right, I am a cheesehead!) I came back to find my apartment far from the condition I left it in...all my roommates moved off island and quite a mess to clean up...it took me 2 days :(













I had to scrub crayon off walls, throw out personal items they left behind, and saw the couch in half to get it out of the apartment! Luckily my friend Tim came to the rescue with a power saw or I would have really been in trouble (as you can see, my 1st attempt was with a knife!)













Once that was over, I could settle back in to Hawaii life...I spent a lot of time with my friend Lisa going to church,












cruisin' north shore


















where we would stop for smoothies...


















and hang with the locals (like this little lizard!)


















crafting, running into Kelly Slater on the beach...














Everyday I was reminded why I love Hawaii so much...

from getting Henna tattoos on the street in Waikiki...to having old friends (like Sara Bauer, now Sara Homer) come and visit...














to hiking the Kokohead stairs on a regular basis (I could see it from my house)


What a workout that was!










or other hikes like Mariner's Ridge with Tim...






















I didn't want him to get a picture of the dorky socks I was wearing with my Keen sandals...kinda a funny pic though!!!







or the Makapuu Lighthouse...




































to seeing rainbows everywhere...sometimes even enveloping houses in their haze (Manoa)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home