The Stayton of Mind

A deeply spiritual experience

Friday, May 19, 2006

The Best Day EVER!!!

Who thought the fun-filled day of festivities for Kokua Festival could be beat? I certainly did not, but somehow we managed to accomplish just that. We started out the day driving up to the northshore - 9 of us in all - and proceeded to jump out of planes! That's right, we went SKYDIVING!!!

Not a single one out of the 8 of us who actually jumped had never been before. Let me tell you, it was AMAZING! There are not words to describe the exileration and adrenaline rush you experience throughout the entire process. I personally did not get nervous until about 20 seconds before I actually jumped - the scariest part was probably signing your life away on the 10-page contract. Literally every page had "YOU MAY BE INJURED OR KILLED" at the bottom of it in big bold letters and the rest of the contract proceeded to outline how no one who had ever known you or ever heard your name could come back and sue the company for any reason.
It also gave the instructors the right to touch you in anyway deemed appropriate to fit your gear - which, I guess, when you life is in their hands, you don't really care where those hands are being placed!


I was the first one out of the plane and we did backflips and cartwheels before freefalling and then finally pulling open the shoot...the view was breathtaking!!! I don't know that skyddiving anywhere else could possibly be as beautiful - crystal blue water crashing against jagged cliffs, sandy white beaches with a lush green rainforest background!


Once we hit the ground I was so stoked I just wanted to turn around and kiss my tandem partner...the adrenaline rush was out of control!!!


Afterward we re-energized at Subway and then headed back to the Southside to Hawaii Kai to hit the water! We spent the entire afternoon wakeboarding, suntanning, and tubing!!! Nothing beats the dolphins we saw the time before, but you will never catch me complaining about being out on the water.


And as the sun set on our glorious and memorable day, I couldn't help but think how blessed I truly am! I love my LIFE!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 5:28 AM, Blogger Johnny Mack said…

    That is so kick butt about the diving!
    After my broken arm heals, I'll be doing my sky diving in East Troy in Aug or Sept. I have a gift cert for a 10,000ft jump!

     
  • At 6:52 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    What, so you haven't had a "best day ever!" since you came back to the mainland? No updates for your faithful readers just because you're back in good ol' boring WISCO?!

    I'm sad B, I'm very very sad!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home