The Stayton of Mind

A deeply spiritual experience

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Door County Camping 9/08

Summers are always a busy time and this summer was no exception...Joe had tons of work and I was working for both Milwaukee County and as an independent marketing contractor for Cadillac, but once September hit we headed up to Door County with Mara & Mike for some country air and down time!























We camped in Peninsula State Park - where the colors where just starting to change and the vistas beautiful.






There were plenty of trails for hiking and I, of course, had to wear tons of layers because of how cold I felt it was...probably not nearly as cold as everyone thought (I think living in Hawaii for so long ruined my internal thermometer!)


At one point I did get warm and everyone dared me to take off the nylon hiking pants I was wearing and just hike around in the electric blue leggings I had on underneath - So I stripped down and rocked the smurf tights! NO PROBLEM!







We hiked up some towers










and on one ran into some people who climbed the whole tower with their helmets on...

it was kinda funny that they wouldn't have just taken them off...










BUT it did give us the good idea to rent scooters and cruise around the park!





































Then, against our better judgment, we took in a traditional Door County Fish Boil.
I like the fire part, but the food was, well, it was...dangerous! You had to eat around all the little fish bones, which is NOT EASY!








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home