The Stayton of Mind

A deeply spiritual experience

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Snowboarding in Portland!

I FINALLY got the opportunity to visit my Mom out in Portland, Oregon where she had been living for the last year...I love PORTLAND!

We checked out "The Gorge" - stopping at Malnoma Falls, Hood River Brewery for lunch, and had plenty of great vistas!














I had always heard about the "snowline," but never actually saw it like this...so defined!!!















Then, later in the week, I headed up to Mt. Hood for some night snowboarding with Lisa - little did I know, but it is the largest night ski area in the United States!




















Too bad it was snowing like crazy and we had to stop and put mandatory chains on the tires...first time for everything, but I DID IT!!!

And good thing too, cause even with the chains we spun out on the way down the mountain...I mean a complete 180 facing oncoming traffic...and we were only going 15mph! SCARY!

Should have had Jack (my Subaru Forester) instead of the Honda Accord!





It was the first time I had ever snowboarded outside of Wisconsin and boy was it nice to fall down and hit powder instead of ice (yeah, that's right, I fall down - a lot!)




















And, to cap off a great night...this picture is the last time my helmet and goggles were seen...they were left in a snowbank accidentally...amazingly, when the snow melted the helmet was recovered, but the goggles - I think they were eaten by the snow plow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home