The Stayton of Mind

A deeply spiritual experience

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Van's Triple Crown of Surfing 2008

11/08 - 12/08





I was so excited to get the email asking if I wanted to come back to Hawaii and work again at the Vans Triple Crown of Surfing...this time as the Assistant Media Director!






First, let me show you the house I stayed in...

















The outdoor Rock Shower...ahhh...













The view from my bedroom...there were even horses that would be out sometimes. The house wasn't right on the beach, but I could hear the waves crashing at night!







The contest this year was Epic and Kelly Slate won Pipe!




















Uhm...I gave Kelly that water he's drinking (right)...all in a day's work!!!










And Kelly was presented with a custom board from Gerry Lopez (legendary surfer and one of the nicest, most humble and sincere guys you will ever have the pleasure of meeting!)









Parko won the whole Van's Triple Crown of Surfing (that's my booty in the tan pants speaking to the New York Times reporter)












And behind all of those cameras is me holding Slater's surfboard so it doesn't get trampled in the media mayhem!
















During the contest, my partner in crime, Solange and I kept the media up to date on the stats at all 3 events...we held down the media trailer, weeded out the impostors, rid the area of sand, and kept up the Aloha spirit!






In addition to working there were off days and nights to enjoy beach time and beautiful scenery


















Festivities to be attended...like Lane Beachley's retirement party































Or Donovan Frankenreiter playing at the Annual Lifeguard Fundraiser held this year at Haleiwa Eats (instead of the traditional Waimea Falls)


















Or nights with friends at Turtle Bay or out in Haleiwa Town






















Or hangin' my favorite little man...
Favorite Quotes
-It's Snowing in Haleiwa Town (while throwing ice from the cooler up into the air!)

-Careful o u going to have to go to the hustable (hospital) (yelled out the window to the girls standing up in the back of the truck driving in front of us)

-Daddy, go crazy, go crazy Daddy (to Liam when listening to music in the truck)






Or the Van's Triple Crown of Surfing Wrap/Christmas Party






Here with Executive Director Randy Rarick and Nicole










Check out our Security Guys - I wouldn't want to mess with them...even though my muscles are almost as big!







And here with Silly...Check out check out his beard...














allegedly he had it half shaved for the entire 6 weeks and no one ever noticed! I am not sure if he was pullin' my leg or not...

All in all, another GREAT year at the Triple Crown and wonderful memories made in Hawaii!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home